Support research communities in key areas for social and economic benefit
- Subject to the availability of funding, work in partnership with Newcastle City Council, Northumbria University and others to pilot a new business support centre in the North East, based on the British Library’s critically acclaimed Business & IP Centre for start-ups and growth businesses
- Work with Microsoft to develop the Research Information Centre for bioscience researchers, providing them with a virtual research environment framework for managing the increasingly complex range of tasks involved in carrying out research
- Work with UK Living with Environmental Change, a partnership of 22 major UK public sector organisations, to develop an online demonstrator to enhance access to environmental information, with an initial focus on ‘flooding’ research
- Explore the possibilities for an innovative and focused service offering for the creative industries
- Develop and test a demonstration Social Welfare portal. This portal will offer access to British Library-owned content and will use the technical architecture and web page designs developed for our Management and Business Studies portal.
Copyright © The British Library Board