Doctoral Open Days
New PhD students from across the UK are invited to attend a specially tailored day of talks, workshops and networking opportunities at the Library, focusing on your research subject.
Each day includes a general introduction to relevant research sources, curator talks and workshops, and details on how to get a Reader Pass.
Open Days are currently offered in History, English & Drama, Social Sciences, Art & Design and Media, Cultural Studies & Journalism.
Aims of the Open Days:
- To introduce you to the range of research materials available in the British Library
- To offer special curator sessions and workshops in a range of topics
- To show you how to access the catalogues, and carry out bibliographic research on your topic
- To introduce you to specialist curators at the Library
- To give you an opportunity to network with postgraduate students from other universities across the UK
- The day will contribute to national subject-specific and generic research skills training
Due to high demand, places are limited to first-year PhD students. The days are extremely popular so please let us know if you are unable to attend; we will contact your university if you do not inform us in advance.