Maximising our resources
Our vision is framed within today’s challenging financial environment, which is likely to persist in the medium term. In the 2020 environment we will need to do more with less; we must be clear about our priorities, our responsibilities and our constraints.
Our ambitious vision for 2020 requires our resources to be allocated effectively and efficiently. In order to deliver our vision, we will maximise our resources through:
- Our skills base: We will develop the skills and agility of our staff at a time of diminishing resources
- Partnerships: We will work in partnership with a range of public, commercial and third-sector organisations, where it is appropriate and cost-effective to do so
- Operational efficiencies: We will operate efficiency programmes which enable us to simplify our operations and structure, use our asset base more effectively, reduce our overheads and cut the costs of service delivery
- Commercial services: We will offer enticing and competitive commercial services that leverage our core infrastructure and allow us to create greater capacity for service
- Cultural change: We will embed and adhere to our values which are key to the achievement of our vision