Our department is structured around four disciplines - preventive conservation, conservation, science & research and the Preservation Advisory Centre (PAC), which work closely together to deliver an integrated approach to caring for the Library’s collections which balances long-term preservation with access and use.
Our approach to caring for the Library’s collections is an integrated one that balances long-term preservation with access and use.
It’s based on five principles of stewardship:
- predict - we predict and manage risk to the collections
- protect – we protect them from harm
- prioritise – we prioritise them for treatment
- preserve – we preserve them for future generations
- enable – we enable access to and interpretation of their content
To learn more about how these principles are applied in practice, download Our Approach to Collection Care [PDF]