Preliminary action plan
Action plan for the implementation of the Content Strategy following the response to the report of April 2006.
The Library is developing a Content Strategy action plan. During 2007, we will:
- Publish a revised set of details about our current and proposed future content strategies across the 38 Arts & Humanities/Social Science (A&H/SocSci) research disciplines and 8 special formats of materials covered in our Content Strategy paper.
- Take forward the connecting part of the content strategy in A&H/SocSci by determining criteria for selecting partners, developing existing partnerships and forming new ones in support of collaborative collecting, access and preservation.
- Commit to working towards the development of our strategy for Science, Technology and Medicine (STM) in terms of which research communities we should focus on, what services we should offer and what content we should collect and connect to.
- Plan for the transition from collecting print only or print and electronic formats in parallel to collecting digital copies only for a) purchased UK journals that duplicate print copies held under legal deposit and b) purchased overseas journals, taking into account concerns raised over the long-term preservation and access to digital content.
- Allocate moderate content shifts in A&H/SocSci that can be accommodated within existing resource.