The British Library needs to collect and process information about you to provide you with a customised and personal service, and to carry out its legitimate business.
Our Privacy Statement applies:
- whenever the British Library asks you for your personal information
- to all types of personal information held by the Library in the course of its day-to-day business, including enquiries, records of transactions, paper and online forms
- to direct use of “bl.uk” websites, and
- to services provided by the British Library
and sets out:
- the principles we follow when collecting and looking after your information
- how we use that information
- how to access personal information the Library holds about you
Certain services, such as our document supply service, allow nominated administrators within an organisation to set up and manage a corporate account by controlling the level of use by their colleagues, and adding or removing names from the corporate account. Individuals using a corporate account should consult their organisation’s policies for the terms and conditions under which they may use their organisation’s corporate account.
The British Library’s website and the electronic resources provided in the Library’s Reading Rooms contain extensive links to other independent websites that are not controlled by the British Library. This statement applies to the direct use of the British Library websites at the “bl.uk” domain. You are strongly advised to consult the privacy policies of other websites you visit for information about their policies and practices.