Our Services include our:
- Reading Rooms and remote Collection services (including our online document supply service, our online theses database and our digital library and web archives)
- information resources (including our websites, applications and newsletters)
- online and physical shops
- Business and IP centre consultancy services
- online image facilities
- exhibitions, events and tours
- WiFi service
- learning programmes
- donation facilities
- membership schemes and registered accounts
- PLR author administration services
Service Specific Privacy Notices
If we issue a Service Specific Privacy Notice it will be found here.
http://www.bl.uk/careers/ - When people apply to work at the British Library, we will only use the information they supply to process their application and to monitor recruitment statistics. Where we want to disclose information to a third party, for example, to take up a reference or to carry out a background check for the purpose of pre-employment security vetting, we will not do so without informing them beforehand, unless the disclosure is required by law.
Personal information about unsuccessful candidates will be held for 24 months after the recruitment exercise has been completed. It will then be destroyed as confidential waste or deleted. We retain statistical information to help to inform and improve our recruitment activities; for the purpose of ethnic monitoring and to obtain workplace statistics on, for example, gender, race, disability and age. The information retained is anonymised so that no individuals may be identified from that data.
Once a person has taken up employment with the Library, we will compile a file relating to their employment. The information contained in this will be kept securely and will only be used for purposes directly relevant to that person’s employment. Once their employment with Library has ended, we will retain the file in accordance with our retention schedule and then delete or destroyed as confidential waste.