Privacy statement - the Library’s commitment
The British Library recognises the importance of protecting your right to privacy. When we ask you for information, we will abide by the law and handle the information provided in a manner which respects your rights and privacy.
When we ask you for personal information, we will:
- make sure you know why we need it;
- ask for what we need and do not collect irrelevant information;
- protect it from loss, damage or unauthorised access;
- make sure we don’t keep it longer than necessary; and
- not use it for marketing without your permission.
In return, we ask you to:
- give us accurate information and
- tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes, such as a new address.
This helps us to keep your information accurate and up to date.