The Library has produced, and been included in, a number of reports demonstrating how the Business & IP Centre is supporting the UK economy, as well as measuring its impact and success as a project.
- Read the results of how we have helped 40,000 people over the past 8 years start and grow their businesses. Find out what was most valued by the people who used the Centre to fast track their business growth.
- Read the results from our Seven-Up Census and how we've helped our users over the past 7 years:
- Read our evaluation of the Centre's achievements and find out how we've supported businesses:
Supporting Economic Growth 2007 - 2009 (pdf 556KB)
- Read our report for JISC on business information and business support resources in the UK:
Business Information Resources: Landscape & Feasibility Study (pdf format)
- Read our users' views on how the government can further support entrepreneurs and SMEs:
Enterprising Voices: Supporting the Drive for Recovery, November 2009 (pdf 372KB)
- Read our report on how we're supporting economic recovery:
Supporting London’s SMEs and Entrepreneurs during the Recession, March 2009 (pdf 500KB)
- Read the Richard Report on business support services, in which the Centre appears as a case study:
Small Business and Government: The Richard Report (pdf 2.18MB)
- Read the evaluation on the return on the LDA's initial £1m investment in the Centre:
Business & IP Centre: A capital resource for enterprise and innovation, October 2007 (pdf 2.74MB)
Richard Woods co-founded DIY Kyoto and launched the wattson...
Business & IP Centre
The British Library
96 Euston Road
London NW1 2DB
Tel: +44 (0)20 7412 7901
Email: Reference Team