Innovating for Growth: small business support
Are you too busy running your business that you don't have time to move your plans forward for growth?
Have you got an idea to take your business to the next stage but aren't sure how to do it?
If you are an exciting and ambitious London-based small business looking to grow into a new market, launch a new product or implement a new process but aren’t sure how to take the next steps, our free 3-month small business support programme is here to help.
Innovating for Growth will provide expert advice and support on business strategy and sustainability, branding, intellectual property and developing your product and getting it to the right markets as well as much more.
With our research experts and collections, we can clarify your ambitions and overcome the challenges. Once the growth plan is realistic, then we’ll make it happen, together.
Are you eligible for small business support?
Innovating for Growth is for London-based small businesses who already have a clear idea of how to expand but need some help to progress with the next steps and their business strategy going forwards.
For full eligibility, please see Applying for Innovating for Growth
What will you receive by participating in Innovating for Growth?
Over a 3-month period, you will get:
- Bespoke business advice and support to identify the obstacles to your growth and make the right decisions on strategy for your business
- Dedicated Relationship Manager to support you throughout and help you to make the most of the Centre's additional resources
- In-depth meeting with a business expert to discuss your strategy and write your 3-month Innovating for Growth plan
- Help to protect and exploit your intellectual property
- Experts who can help you use market information to assess your options and make informed decisions for your business
- Brand assessment and help to develop this to best meet the needs of your customers
- Assistance with forming a strategy to break into your identified market
- Regular free networking events with peers to spark ideas and discuss new business opportunities
- Opportunity to share the experience with other businesses growing at a similar rate and experiencing the same challenges.
Additional benefits for your business
- Feature in our media and marketing campaigns including on the Centre's website, which has over 1 million visitors per annum, to help raise the profile of your business
- All one-to-one meetings offered at your convenience for time and location – we can come to your offices
- Use of British Library rooms to conduct interviews with potential new staff members (subject to availability)
- Complimentary tickets to our Inspiring Entrepreneurs events with a chance to meet the speakers backstage. Previous speakers include Lord Sugar, Richard Reed and Sophie Cornish
- Continuous support for your small business beyond the initial training period.
How can I apply for small business support?
Please see Applying for Innovating for Growth