The British Library Business & IP Centre National Network provides entrepreneurs and SMEs across the UK with free access to databases, market research, journals, directories and reports worth thousands of pounds. There is a programme of free and low-cost events and workshops on a range of topics including business planning, marketing and intellectual property. Our friendly staff and business experts are here to help you start and grow your business. Visit us soon and make your business a success.
- Patent Clinic
- Business Innovation Advisor
- Ask About Business service in partnership with 11 local authorities
Manchester Central Library
St Peter's Square
+44 (0)161 234 1966Go to website
- Intellectual Property Surgery
- Innovator in Residence
- Chartered Accountant in Residence
Newcastle video to find out more and follow us on Twitter.
Newcastle City Library
Charles Avison Building
33 New Bridge Street West
Newcastle upon Tyne
+44 (0)191 277 4100Go to website
- Intellectual property workshops
- FabLab Exeter digital fabrication workshop equipped with 3D printers, CNC router, laser cutter, 3D scanner and software
+44 (0) 1392 384218Go to website
- Self-employment advice workshops
- Intellectual property one-to-one advice sessions
Northamptonshire Central Library
+44 (0) 1604 361447Go to website
Free industry and IP guides
Up-to-date quality information on intellectual property and researching key industries, handpicked by our experts.
Innovating for Growth: Scale - ups
Apply for over £10,000 worth of business advice today
Ask an expert
For established businesses, get extra help from our IT, marketing and invention experts.
Our research service
Pay our experts to do research for you.
Our staff provide free hour-long advice sessions to talk through your ideas in confidence, helping you to develop your business ideas and business plan
Workshops and events
We offer a wide range of free or low cost business workshops and events at the British Library, St Pancras