photograph shown here was taken by William Grundy of Sutton Coldfield,
and originally formed one half of a stereograph; seen here, it is
used to illustrate a poem, although not conceived and taken for
that purpose. The London Stereoscopic Company purchased Grundy's
stereoscopic collection after his death in 1859. The use of stereographs
(where two identical photographs are created from the same exposure
and produced on one print) helped to reduce the cost of production.