To help you with your research the Library’s subscribe to circa 800 index, abstract, bibliographic, biographic and full text databases, covering a range of subjects. Also included in these lists are freely some available websites, selected by Library staff. (Note we also subscribe to thousands of journals.)
To enable you to use the databases, and other electronic resources, effectively the Library offers a range of workshops.
NB: Most databases are Library subscribed and, owing to licensing reasons, are only available from British Library workstations within the Library's Reading Rooms, Business & IP Centre and Newsroom.
Remote Eresources is a pilot service, providing access to three historical Readex newspaper collections. It allows St Pancras registered readers, with a valid photographic pass, to access remotely (where licensing and technology permit) electronic resources normally only available in the British Library's Reading Rooms.
- Databases in the London Reading Rooms
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- Databases in the Boston Spa Reading Room
Availability by subject/format
- Arts and Humanities: by subject
- Asian and African Studies:
- Business & Intellectual Property
- Manuscripts: alphabetical by title
- Maps: alphabetical by title; by subject
- Science: by subject; alphabetical by title
- Social Science and Official Publications: by subject
Remote EresourcesOur Remote Eresources pilot service provides registered St Pancras Reader Pass holders with remote access to:
- Credo Reference
- Early American Newspapers, Series 1
- Foreign Broadcast Information Service 1974-1996
- Latin American Newspapers Series 1, 1805-1922
- US Congressional Serial Set
- World newspaper Archive: African Newspapers, 1800-1922