Pre-book an appointment to renew your Reader Pass
Not a Reader yet? Find out how to become one.
To help your appointment go smoothly, please check you remember your Reader account username and password. Try logging into My Account at home. If you can't remember your details you can request a username reminder or a password reset. You'll be sent an email; click on the link provided within 24 hours and follow the onscreen instructions.
- To prevent queues and make sure everyone can get a Reader Pass you need to make an appointment to visit Reader Registration. Please bear with us if you can’t make an appointment right away. We’ll add more slots as soon as we can
- Appointments are free of charge and need to be booked through our Box Office. If you haven’t booked a ticket from the Library before, you will need set up a Box Office account. This is different to your Reader account and you can set one up the first time you book
- You will need to bring identification documents with you to become a Reader. Find out more about what to bring
- If your pass has expired you will need to extend your Online Account to pre-order collection items, please see instructions below
- If you will need any assistance during your appointment, like translation services or access needs, please let us know at least 48 hours in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unable to attend? Please let us know by emailing email@example.com as they can reallocate your appointment and give more researchers the opportunity to attend.
Find out more about how we’re welcoming you back safely.
How to extend your online account
If you created a British Library Online Account before your pass expired, and your account hasn’t already been extended, you can extend your account yourself by logging into your Online Account using your username and password.
Once you’ve logged in:
Select My Services
- Under Reader Registration, choose Edit Options
- Select Extend
If you need any assistance please contact our Customer Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org.