You need a British Library Online Account to use many of our services; or use extra features when logged in. You open an account by registering your details with us.
- Published date:
What services require an online account?
- Reader services - to see items in our collections you need to register for a free Reader Pass and a British Library Online Account.
- On Demand - we scan and send remote supply items so you can have them when and where you need them. Register for an account for On Demand.
- Management & Business Studies (MBS) Portal - this Portal will help you find and use high quality management research publications. Register for an account for the MBS Portal.
- Social Welfare Portal - this Portal can help you find and use high quality social welfare research publications. Register for an account for the Social Welfare Portal.
What extra features can I get with an online account?
You can also register for a basic British Library Online Account.
Once logged in you can:
- add records to My workspaces – to keep a record of item relevant to your research
- save searches – to re-run the same search at a later date
- save alerts - to receive emails when new items, that match your search terms, are added to the catalogue.
What if I want to use more than one of your services?
If, in the future, you require other Library services you won't need to register from scratch; you can change your account options to include the new service(s).