Cromwell on horseback 1650.
- Look carefully at the images of Oliver Cromwell.
- Does the image present Cromwell in a favourable/ unfavourable or neutral light? Which side do you think created the image?
- What messages about Cromwell's activities and achievements do you think they are carrying and how are these messages brought out by different parts of the pictures?
- How do the images reflect the information presented in the background notes?
- Give each picture your own caption.
- Collect other images of political or cultural leaders showing them in a good or bad light. They can be of contemporary leaders or historical figures.
- Write background notes yourself and explain what messages you think the images are putting across.
- Present your images as a display, slideshow or multimedia presentation.