The Learning Team engages learners of all ages with the British Library’s collection, expertise and values through a creative and inclusive programme delivered onsite, regionally and online.
The aims of the Learning programme are to:
- Support formal and informal learning in the UK
- Focus on developing skills for learning, particularly those in research, critical thinking, visual, verbal and information literacy and creativity
- Support key subjects such as English Language and Literature, History, Art and Design, Citizenship and Religious Education, and increase our support for science, social science and business
- Introduce new, younger and more diverse audiences to the British Library, inspiring the Readers and researchers of the future
- Position the Library as a centre for best practice for research skills, information literacy and source-based learning both online and onsite
- Promote lifelong learning through an inclusive programme geared towards learners of all ages and abilities
Download a copy of the British Library's Learning Policy in full.
Stay up to date with the Learning Team by signing up to our e-newsletter.