The Learning Team offers a range of free workshops and conferences for Primary, Secondary, Further Education and Higher Education groups which use our gallery spaces to develop creative thinking, visual and verbal literacy and research skills. Each year over 34,000 students and teachers take part in our programmes.
We are always looking for ways to improve our learning programme, and we need your help to do this. By signing up to the Teachers' Network you would be in no way committing to giving a certain amount of your time, however, we hope that when developing new workshops applicable to your subject specialism or year group we may call you to discuss our potential programme.
The aims of the British Library Teachers’ Network are:
- To advise the Learning Team on how we can best support teachers’ needs through our programmes
- To build relationships between the British Library and schools
As a member you will receive:
- 10% discount in the British Library shop
- Concessionary discount on public lectures and events at the British Library
- Invitations to exhibition Private Views
- Invitations to teacher conferences organised by the Learning Team
- Regular bulletins on our learning programme
- A CPD opportunity which will look great on your CV
By participating in this project teachers will be agreeing to:
- Try and attend informal focus groups when approached (approximately two per year)
- Be available to offer subject advice a few times a year via email
We also hope that as a member you would act as an advocate of our programme by distributing the early bird emails to relevant teachers in your school and putting up posters or leaflets for other teachers to see.
If you would like to become a member please register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org