Industrial Action - from 13.00 on Friday 5 April 2013
Members of the Public & Commercial Services Union (PCS) have voted to hold a half-day strike from 13.00 on Friday 5 April 2013 over changes to pay, pensions and working conditions in the public sector.
The British Library at St Pancras will be open for visitors to its public areas and exhibition galleries.
All our Reading Rooms will be open to Readers as normal at 09.30 though with alternative access in a number of cases:
- Science 3 (3rd floor) will be accessible via the Social Science (1st floor) or Science 2 (2nd floor) Reading Rooms
- Business & IP Centre 2 (2nd floor) will be accessible via Business & IP Centre 1 (1st floor)
- Humanities 2 (2nd floor) will be accessible via Humanities 1 (1st floor)
Access to all other Reading Rooms will be unchanged in the morning.
However, there may be disruption to our Reading Room services after 13.00 as follows:
* We may not be able to issue new request to Readers
* We may have to close some Reading Rooms
* Due to the reduced access to some Reading Rooms it is possible there may be queues when they close at 17.00; you may wish to consider leaving earlier to avoid this
* We will only be able to accommodate a maximum of 5 requests per person
* No transfers will be possible between Reading Rooms after 13.00
The Boston Spa Reading Room and the Newspaper Library at Colindale will open as normal but there may be disruption to our services later in the day.