Industrial Action :: Wednesday 20 March
Members of the Public & Commercial Services Union (PCS) are holding a one-day strike today - Wednesday 20 March - over changes to pay, pensions and working conditions in the public sector.
The British Library at St Pancras is open for visitors to its public areas and exhibition galleries. However, there is significant disruption to our Reading Room services as follows:
* We are opening Reading Rooms half an hour later than normal at 10.00
* The following Reading Rooms will be closed:
- Asian & African Studies
- Rare Books & Music
* All other Reading Rooms will be open until 20.00 as normal
* We may only be able to accommodate a maximum of 5 requests per person
* No transfers will be possible between Reading Rooms
* There may also be delays in the delivery of collection items held off-site on the day of the strike and also on the next day - Thursday 21 March
The Boston Spa Reading Room and the Newspaper Library at Colindale are open but there may be disruption to our services.
We urge you to check any changes to the Library’s opening hours and available services. We will keep you updated here, and via Twitter and Facebook.
Many apologies for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.