Hans Christian Andersen - Terms of competition in Yorkshire
- British Library competitions are open to persons 18 years or over resident in the United Kingdom.
- Employees of the British Library, Leeds Library and Information Service and any other promotional partners related to the competition are excluded from winning any prize.
- Only one entry per person is allowed.
- No purchase is necessary.
- Entries received after the close of the exhibition on 27 July 2005 will not be entered into the draw.
- The prize must be taken at any time between 1 August and 1 October 2005.
- The prizes will be awarded to the two people whose entries are selected at random.
- The winner will be notified, if possible, by telephone and post. Their name will be available on the British Library website, and may appear on Leeds Central Library’s website, at their discretion.
- The prize is non-negotiable.
- There is no cash alternative.
- The winning entrants grant the British Library, Leeds Central Library and any other partners related to the competition the right to use their name, photo and town/city in post-competition publicity.
- The British Library’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- We do not accept entries via competition agencies and will disallow any winner subsequently found to have entered by this route.
- There are two prizes.
- Each prize consists of:
- GNER return rail travel for two people from your nearest GNER station to London King’s Cross station.
- One night’s accommodation at the Hotel Russell, Russell Square, London.
- British Library Shop vouchers to the value of £20.
- British Library café/restaurant vouchers to the value of £20.
- A copy of the British Library publication Hans Christian Andersen: the Complete Stories. The book will be presented to the winners in person at the British Library in London.
- Any travel costs other than the GNER return rail travel incurred by the winner are not included in the competition prize package.