Mingle / Late Date
Wednesday 13 February 2008
As part of an irregular series of 'Mingles' the British Library presents a relaxed and fun open house for single people on Wednesday 13 February. A chance to meet like-minded others and to enjoy some of the Library's treasures, temporary exhibitions and some special treats laid on for the occasion.
In particular the event features late access to the exhibition Breaking The Rules: The Printed Face of The European Avant Garde 1900-1937 with its magnificent display of graphics, film, photography and magazines - truly reflecting the sublime to the bizarre from an era of explosive creativity. Our Mingle therefore has something of an avant garde twist.
The event also features a range of intriguing attractions, games, competitions, quiz trails. and on the night surprises .. to get you talking to each other!
- Extraordinary bard Sean McCann composing instant sonnets that bring two people together - at least in words!
- Bookchase ® A special demonstration and chance to play the rapid version of this new, hugely successful board game. It's the perfect game for anyone who has read a book (or two): beg, steal or borrow books for your bookshelf to win!
- Meet international flirting guru Marco Gambino for a easy going one-to-one session of advice on how to seduce a man or a woman - the Italian way.
- Win concert tickets or a meal for two by finding answers to cunning questions hidden away in the galleries.
- Enjoy the company of some rather unusual hosts
- Find your famous partner and win a free drink.
Plus more to be confirmed.
This event is in partnership with the Times Literary Supplement.
Special offer - Half-price subscription offer to the TLS.
The TLS is the leading paper in the world for literary culture, packed with reviews, debate and opinion on literature, scholarship and the visual and performing arts. The Times Literary Supplement is offering a subscription for only £67 for a year, with a free £10 national book token when you subscribe.
Subscribe online or call 01858 438 781, quoting W008.
Offer available to UK residents only, ends 29 February.
Event time: 19.00 – 22.30
Location: Entrance Hall, British Library