A bungalow with separate offices by the river Cauvery with the Upper Anicut.
Watercolour of a bungalow with separate offices by the river Kaveri with the Upper Anicut, Tiruchchirappalli. Inscribed in pencil on reverse of the mount: 'Collector's bungalow at upper Anicut.'
The Upper Anicut was constructed in 1836-1838 to regulate the flow of water between the rivers Kaveri and Coleroon round the island of Srirangam. The Collector of the Trichinopoly district in 1870 was George Banbury.