A courtyard with palace buildings and a mosque at Bahadurgarh
Artist: Sita Ram (fl. c.1810-1822)
Watercolour view of Bahadurgarh from 'Views by Seeta Ram from Gheen to Delhi Vol. VI' produced for Lord Moira, afterwards the Marquess of Hastings, by Sita Ram between 1814-15. Marquess of Hastings, the Governor-General of Bengal and the Commander-in-Chief (r. 1813-23), was accompanied by artist Sita Ram (flourished c.1810-22) to illustrate his journey from Calcutta to Delhi between 1814-15.
Bahadurgarh, located in Haryana, changed its name to Sharafabad, after the city was passed to Bahadur Khan, a Baloch chief of Farrukhnagar in 1754. By 1803, the town and surrounding area was passed to Ismail Khan, the brother of Nawab of Jhajjar. Idealised view of a courtyard with palace buildings and a mosque at Bahadurgarh. The Nawab is being carried in a palanquin to a gateway. Inscribed below: 'Bohadurghur and Nawab (Fyzoolah) Khan's Residence.'