Panorama of Calcutta. Section 4
Artist: Fiebig, Frederick (fl. 1840s)
Uncoloured lithograph of a panorama of Calcutta drawn after nature by Frederick Fiebig and prepared, printed and published by T. Black of the Asiatic Lithographic Press in Calcutta in 1847. The fourth section shows Esplanade Row with the large water tank on the Maidan. The mosque, on the centre right, was built in 1842 on the site of the old bazaar by Prince Ghulam Mahomed, the son of Tipu Sultan.