Temple rustique aux environs de Simla, au Himalaya, près la Cascade appélée Lal-Pani
Lithographer: Rudder, L.H. de (1807-1881)
Lithograph of a rustic temple near the Lal-Pani waterfall at Shimla by L.H. de Rudder (1807-1881) after an original drawing by Prince Aleksandr Mikhailovich Saltuikov published in Paris in 1848.
Prince Saltuikov's voyage of the Himalayas in September 1842 commenced at Shimla. This hill-station, now the capital of the state of Himachal Pradesh, was a popular resort with British residents of India from the 1820s and the summer capital of British India from the 1830s thanks to its cooler climate. In the mountains near to Shimla there are a number of temples and waterfalls. This temple was also drawn by Mrs Scott in 1853 and photographed by Samuel Bourne in 1863.