'View of the palace at Ghazipore'. Aquatint, drawn and engraved by James Moffat, published Calcutta 1804.
Artist and engraver: Moffat, James (1775-1815)
Medium: Aquatint with etching
Aquatint with etching of the palace at Ghazipur by James Moffat (1775-1815) and published in Calcutta in 1804. Ghazipur is situated north-east of Varanasi and was a centre of the opium trade of the East India Company. The old palace at Ghazipur, known as the Chahal Satun, is situated on the bank of the river Ganges. On the right of this view, there is a ghat or landing place.