Garden House of Mr Trinks the Music Master near Calcutta
Artist: Cornish, Hubert (1757-1823)
Watercolour of a garden house near Calcutta by Hubert Cornish (1757-1823) dating from 1793 to 1798. Inscribed 'Garden House of Mr Trinks the Music Master near Calcutta'.
The large garden houses of Calcutta were situated in a fashionable area known as 'Garden Reach' on the banks of the River Hooghly. Charles Trinks (c.1750-1813) was the Music Master and organist of St. John's Church.