Bastion of the Lal Bagh, Dacca
Artist: D'Oyly, Sir Charles (1781-1845)
The Lal Bagh Fort in Dhaka was begun around 1677 by Prince Muhammad Azam, son of the Mughal emperor Aurangzeb. It was never completed. One of the principal attractions in the Old City of Dhaka, it has three storeys and contains many buildings including the tomb of Pari Bibi or 'Fairy Lady' (the wife of a Mughal governor of Bengal) and a huge mosque.
This etching was based on plate 10 from Charles D'Oyly's 'Antiquities of Dacca'.