All Saints' Church [Kolhapur].
Medium: Photographic print
Photograph of All Saint's church, Kolhapur from the Lee-Warner Collection: 'Souvenirs of Kolhapur. Installation of H.H. the Maharajah, 1894' taken by an unknown photographer in 1894. The town, situated on the banks of the river Panchaganga was the capital city of the former princely state of Kolhapur in Maharashtra, south west India. In 1675 Kolhapur was conquered by the Maratha chief Shivaji and the ruling dynasty of Kolhapur was descended from his younger son. The British obtained political suzerainty of Kolhapur in 1844 and All Saint’s Church was built in the late 19th century by the British.