Photograph of the Albert Edward Hospital, Kolhapur from the from the Lee-Warner Collection: 'Souvenirs of Kolhapur. Installation of H.H. the Maharajah, 1894'. The Albert Edward hospital was situated on the Bhausingji Road near the old Queen’s or Rani Circle at Kolhapur in Maharashtra. In the late 19th century a number of buildings such as this one were constructed at Kolhapur in the Indo-Saracenic architectural mode which was a fusion of Victorian Gothic architecture with Indian elements. It was developed at Kolhapur by the architect Major Charles Mant under the auspices of the Maharaja. The hospital was designed by Mant and constructed between 1881 and 1884. It is a two storeyed structure with a small portion behind the porch at the entrance rising up to three or four storeys. This portion has a steep tiled roof ending up with a wrought iron railing at the top.