Ali Musjid, [Rampur]
Medium: Photographic print
Photograph from the Curzon Collection: 'Rampur Album' of the Ali Masjid at Rampur taken by an unknown photographer in c.1905. The Ali Masjid is an example of original islamic architecture in the city, large parts of which were remodelled and rebuilt in the 'Indo-Saracenic style, by W.C. Wright, the chief Engineer, at the instigation of Nawab Hamid Ali Khan, on his ascension to the throne in 1896. This is one of the photographs which was presented in an album to Lord Curzon, the Viceroy of India, by the Nawab on 8th June 1905, to commemorate his visit to the city. They are not an historical record of Curzon's visit but general views of Rampur.