Bishop's College, Calcutta 247220
Photographer: Fiebig, Frederick
Medium: Photographic print
A hand-coloured print of Bishop's College, Calcutta, from the Fiebig Collection: Views of Calcutta and Surrounding Districts, taken by Frederick Fiebig in 1851.
Bishop's College, was established in the early 1820s by the first Bishop of Calcutta, Thomas Middleton, as part of a scheme for a theological college along the lines of that at Cambridge. It contained a chapel, houses, library and lecture rooms. It later became the Calcutta Engineering College.