Bishop's Palace, Calcutta
Photographer: Fiebig, Frederick
Medium: Photographic print
A hand-coloured print of Bishop's Palace, Calcutta, from the Fiebig Collection: Views of Calcutta and Surrounding Districts, taken by Frederick Fiebig in 1851.
This is a view of the Bishop's Palace, which was to the east of St. Paul's Cathedral, and was moved here from Russell Street. In 1849 Bishop Wilson bought this early 19th century colonial building from Hon.Wilberforce Bird and made alterations. Close to the gateway is a large Chinese bronze bell.