Photograph of the Hyderabad-Kotri bridge in the Sindh province of Pakistan, taken by an unknown photographer in c. 1900. Sindh encompasses the Lower Indus Valley and its delta, and takes its name from the local name 'Sindhu' for the river. The Indus, on entering Sindh, flows under the Ayub and Lansdowne bridges at Sukkur, and then the Hyderabad-Kotri Bridge, before branching out into its delta which covers an area of about 7770 sq kms (3000 sq miles) and extends for some 201 kms (125 miles) along the Arabian Sea. Kotri is an industrial town on the Indus which provides a link with the major city of Hyderabad from the north-west and south-west. This panoramic view is composed of two prints, with river steamers and other craft moored at the bank on the right and a group of men fishing for palla (tenualosa ilisha, a type of chad) in the right foreground. The bridge, which connects Kotri with Hyderabad, was opened to traffic on 25th May 1900. It stretches over six spans and the total length is 1,948 feet. The depth of its foundations below water is about 49 to 60 feet. This photograph is from an album of 91 prints apparently compiled by P. J. Corbett, a PWD engineer involved in irrigation work at the famine relief camp at Shetpal Tank in 1897, and in canal construction in Sindh in the early 1900s.