Cemetry [sic], Calcutta 247244
Photographer: Fiebig, Frederick
Medium: Photographic print
A Hand-coloured print of tombs in the Lower Circular Road Cemetery, Calcutta, from the Fiebig Collection: Views of Calcutta and Surrounding Districts, taken by Frederick Fiebig in 1851. The Circular Road Cemetery, opened in 1840, was a continuation of the South and North Park Cemeteries, which were situated on the other side of the Lower Circular Road, formerly known as the Mahratta Ditch.