Court House at Tharrawaddy
Medium: Photographic print
Photograph of the court house at Tharrawaddy, in Burma (Myanmar), taken by an unknown photographer in about 1880, part of the Dunlop Smith Collection: Sir Charles Aitchison Album of Views in India and Burma. Tharrawaddy was a new district of British Burma formed in 1878 in Pegu. The court house shown in this view is an extensive double-storied building with verandas and ornamental eaves in the Burmese style and is an example of British colonial architecture in Burma.