Chaplain's Quarters, Staff Barrack, Fort William, Calcutta
Medium: Photographic print
This photograph of the Chaplain's Quarters from the 'Walter Hawkins Nightingale (PWD) collection: Album of views of Calcutta, was taken by an unknown photographer in the 1880s. The Chaplain's Quarters within the Staff Barracks were located within Fort William, along the river Hoogly and next to the Maidan, an open expanse of land. Designed by Captain John Brohier, the building of the fort commenced in 1757 and it was not completed until 1781.