Close view of column from the Pattabhirama Temple, near Kamalapuram, Vijayanagara
Medium: Photographic print
Photograph of a carved column from the Pattabhirama Temple, near Kamalapuram, Vijayanagara, from the Archaeological Survey of India Collections, c.1880. The 16th century Pattabhirama Temple complex, dedicated to Rama, is situated on the outskirts of Vijayanagara. It is enclosed by a high rectangular wall entered through pyramidal gateways with diminishing storeys. It consists of a shrine with a vestibule and two pillared halls, all set within a very large rectangular court. This view shows a carved column with carved lions at the base.