Entrance porch of the mahamandapa of Temple No. 8, Telkupi, Manbhum District.
Photographer: Beglar, Joseph David
Medium: Photographic print
Photograph of the entrance porch of the mahamandapa of Temple No. 8, Telkupi taken by Joseph David Beglar between 1872 and 1873. Beglar described Temple Number 8 at Telkupi as "a large temple, facing east: this, like the others, once consisted of the cell alone, but has a large and very massively built and heavily roofed mahamandapa added on afterwards, the junction being quite distinct." Both the tower and the mandapa (entrance hall) are built plainly; the mandapa in particular is largely unadorned as can be seen in this photograph. Just out of sight at the top of the photograph is a statue of Ganesha which Beglar claims is an indication that the temple was dedicated to Shiva.