Medium: Photographic print
Photograph of the Exhibition Building in Lahore that is part of the 'Crofton Collection: Topographical and architectural views mostly in India', taken by an unknown photographer in c. 1864. The building was hastily constructed near the Anarkali Gardens for the Lahore Exhibition of 1864 and due to the popularity of the exhibition, was later used to house The Central Museum. In 1890, the foundation stone for a permanent building for the museum was laid by Prince Albert Victor, later the Duke of Clarence, to be designed by Ram Singh. The new building was completed in 1893.