Exterior of Cave IV, Jain rock-cut temples, Dharasinva
Photographer: Sykes, D.H.
Medium: Photographic print
Photograph of the Jain Cave IV at Dharasinva, taken by D.H. Sykes in 1875. In his report of the operations in Western India in 1875-76 James Burgess wrote, 'Cave IV...consists of a hall...of which the roof has been supported by four round columns...It seems never to have had a verandah...but only a projecting drip over the front wall, which is pierced for one central and two smaller side doors...The central door is surrounded by three plain fascias, a roll moulding, and a border of leaves. Over the main door is a shallow arched recess...'