Front view of small temple, taken from a small distance south-east of the village from the river bank, Kothali, Buldana District, Berar.
Photographer: Gill, Robert
Medium: Photographic print
Photograph of temple ruins from the 'Archaeological Survey of India Collections (India Office Series)' collection, taken by Robert Gill in 1871. This view is looking towards the entrance of the largely ruinous temple. The location is given as 'Jaypur Kotli' in Bloch's list, 14 miles north of Buldana, where there are two old temples of which this is one. The ruined sanctuary tower is constructed of brick whilst the lower portion of the sanctuary, antechamber and porch are of dressed masonry. The temple is almost entirely devoid of carved decoration, and that which is present is confined largely to non-figural motifs.