Photograph of the Arhai-din-ka-Jhonpra Mosque, by O.S.Baudesson in the 1880s, from the Archaeological Survey of India Collections. The Arhai-din-ka-Jhonpra Mosque (or Hut of Two and a Half Days) is situated near the Dargah of Khwaja Muin-ud-Din Chishti in south-west Ajmer. This early example of Indo-Islamic architecture was begun in c.1200 by Qutb-ud-Din Aybak (r.1206-1210), Sultan of Delhi, and completed by his successor, Shams-ud-Din Iltutmish (r.1211-1236). The mosque was built in yellow sandstone and masonry taken from local Hindu and Jain temples. The ceiling of the arcades and prayer hall are supported by triple-height colonnades composed of three Hindu or Jain pillars placed one on top of each other to create a single pillar. The mosque has a monumental façade of seven arches that was added by Iltutmish in about 1230, shown in this view. It is decorated with geometric and floral motifs and Koranic inscriptions.