General view of the façade of the Buddhist rock-cut Chaitya Hall, Cave VIII, Karli.
Photographer: Caddy, Alexander E.
Medium: Photographic print
Photograph of a general view of the façade of the Buddhist rock-cut Chaitya Hall, Cave 8 at Karli from the Archaeological Survey of India Collections (Indian Museum Series), taken by Alexander E. Caddy in c.1895. The great rock-cut chaitya cave at Karli dates to the Kshatrapa rule of the 1st century. The large horse-shoe shaped window which dominates the façade of the hall is shown along with a high monolithic column with a capital of four lions.