General view, Ramasvami Temple [Ramalingeshvara Temple], Tadpatri, Anantapur District
Photographer: Archaeological Survey of India
Medium: Photographic print
Photograph of the Ramalingeshvara Temple at Tadpatri, Anantapur District, from the Archaeological Survey of India Collections: Madras, 1896-98. This complex was built during the Vijayanagara period at the beginning of the 16th century. It is entered through large unfinished gopuras and consists of two temples situated in a courtyard. This view shows one of the madapas or porches with a shrine beyond. The outer walls of the mandapa are decorated with pilasters and have moulded basements. The piers are shaped as rearing yalis and figures of donors.