General view of Shah Khub Sayyid's Mosque, Ahmadabad
Photographer: Cousens, Henry
Medium: Photographic print
Photograph of Shah Khub Sayyid's Mosque at Ahmadabad in Gujarat, taken by Henry Cousens in the 1880s, from the Archaeological Survey of India. The mosque, which is also known as the Jami Masjid of Farhatu'l-Mulk, was built in 1538. It has an open facade with slender minarets at each end. To the west of the building is a small graveyard which contains the tomb of Shah Khub Sayyid Muhammad Chisti.