Hindoo temple [?Chinsura]
Photographer: Fiebig, Frederick
Medium: Photographic print
A hand-coloured print of a Hindu Temple at an unspecified Location possibly at Chinsura, from the Fiebig Collection: Views of Calcutta and Surrounding Districts, taken by Frederick Fiebig in 1851. Chinsurah, on the right bank of the river Hooghly, was a Dutch colony from the seventeenth Century, it was ceded to the British in 1825 in exhange for English possessions in Sumatra.