Interior of the Church of the Holy Trinity, Kurrachee [Karachi].
Medium: Photographic print
Photograph of the interior of the Church of the Holy Trinity in Karachi from the 'Album of architectural and topographical views, mostly in South Asia' by an unknown photgrapher in the 1870s. Karachi, the former capital of Pakistan, is the largest city and main commercial centre of the country and the capital of Sindh province in the lower Indus valley. Completed in 1855, Holy Trinity was the first major church to be built in Karachi. Although it was designed by Captain John Hill, changes were made by John Brunton during its construction. The church is built in local, buff colour Gizri stone. This view of the interior of the church was taken in the nave and looks towards the altar end.