A photograph of the Ibrahim Rauza tomb in Bijapur from the 'Vibart Collection of Views in South India' taken by Henry Hinten about 1860. 'The most splendid monument of Ibrahim II's reign is the complex named after him. It stands outside the walls on the west side of Bijapur. The Ibrahim Rauza was originally intended for Taj Sultana, Ibrahim's queen, but was later converted into a mausoleum for the sultan and his family. The scheme as completed in 1626 consists of a paired tomb and mosque. These are elevated on a common plinth and set in the middle of a large formal garden, about 140 mts square. Steps on the north and south reached by raised pathways ascend to the plinth. The tomb has a central chamber, almost 13 mts square, roofed by a horzontal vault divided into nine squares with curved sides. The outher walls are covered with panels of geometric and calligraphic designs, executed both as shallow relief and as perforated screens. These motifs adorn the doorways, as well as the windows admitting light to the sepulchral chamber.